A SRV record or Service record is a specification of data in the Domain Name System defining the location, i.e. the hostname and port number, of servers for specified services.
An SRV record has the form:
_service._proto.name TTL class SRV priority weight port hostname
* service: the symbolic name of the desired service.
* proto: the transport protocol of the desired service; this is usually either TCP or UDP.
* name: the domain name for which this record is valid.
* TTL: standard DNS time to live field.
* class: standard DNS class field (this is always IN).
* priority: the priority of the target host, lower value means more preferred.
* weight: A relative weight for records with the same priority.
* port: the TCP or UDP port on which the service is to be found.
* hostname: the canonical hostname of the machine providing the service.
For addin g the SRV record for a domain via cPanel WHM, please follow the steps below:
1) Login to WHM
2) Go to 'DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone'
3) Select the domain for which you need to add the SRV record.
4) Select 'SRV' from the drop down.
5) Enter the first column with the '_service._proto.name'
You will be also need to set the following fields:
For example :
Consider adding the SRV record for the domain 'domain.com.au' with the following details:
Port Number: 443
The SRV record in WHM must be set as following:
_service._proto.name : _autodiscover._tcp.domain.com.au.
Priority : 10
Weight : 10
Port : 443
Hostname : domain.com.au.
domain.com.au >> actual domain name.
To check whether the SRV record is working correctly use the following command:
$dig srv _autodiscover._tcp.domain.com.au
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_autodiscover._tcp.domain.com.au. IN SRV
;; ANSWER SECTION:
_autodiscover._tcp.domain.com.au. 14273 IN SRV 10 10 443 domain.com.au.
- Email, SSL
- 11 Los Usuarios han Encontrado Esto Útil